Curbing Anxiety: Real-Life Lessons
It may not be impossible to conquer anxiety, but it’s scarily good at making you think so. Find encouragement and inspiration in knowing that countless others have done the impossible. If they can, you can.
Take a peek at the fighting tactics below, many from people you’ve probably heard of:
- Stephen Colbert fights anxiety by…pursuing his passion. (Luckily for us, it’s performing.)
- Ryan Reynolds fights anxiety by…letting his inner “knucklehead” take over.
- Members of a Liverpool charity fight anxiety by…singing.
- Adele fights anxiety by…calling on her alter-ego.
- Psychology experts fight anxiety by…practicing diaphragmatic breathing.
- Emma Stone fights anxiety by…dancing around her house.
- This journalist fights anxiety by…waiting to worry.
- Several research subjects fight anxiety by…combining yoga with cognitive behavioral therapy.
- Dr. Deepak Chopra fights anxiety by…connecting with a deeper self.
- Chris Evans (a.k.a. Captain America) fights anxiety by…telling his brain to be quiet.
- Jay Shetty fights anxiety by… asking himself, “What do I need to do today to make it a great day?”
- Lady Gaga fights anxiety by…saying no.