🤝 To Better Relationships With Difficult Coworkers
Are tensions rising in your office? Check out these do’s and don’ts to deal with the situation >
🥳 To More Energy
It’s the best feeling when you have plans after work. Stay energetic for after-work plans with this advice >
🍸 To A Tasty Mocktail
Fun beverages don’t have to include alcohol. Check out these 30 mocktail ideas >
🧭 To Geocaching
Today is National Geocaching Day! Don’t know what that is? Read about it here >
👴 To Celebrating Senior Citizens’ Day
Find ways to celebrate the senior citizens in your community. Get ideas here >
TOGETHER WITH BONUSLY
Improve Your Onboarding Practices
Onboarding just a few hires per week is manageable, but how do you keep the human connection intact and communication personalized once you start onboarding bigger new hire classes?
Hear from Dani Larson, Chief of Staff at Bonusly, and Laura Del Beccaro, CEO and co-founder of Sora on how to effectively overcome obstacles to deliver human-centric onboarding at scale.
In this free webinar, you’ll learn:
- 📈 How to deliver exceptional onboarding experiences at scale
- 🏆 How to set your employees up for a successful, passionate career with your company
- 😊 How to boost employee morale and buy-in through onboarding
FROM ANNIE CRONER, EA & COACH
How you might be holding yourself back…
As an assistant you like to know that you are tracking with your executive and that your priorities and objectives are aligned with theirs. You like to see things from their perspective so you can anticipate what they’ll need next and provide it before they even asks.
But…. what happens when you begin to care a little too much what your executive thinks of you? You begin to get worried because it’s been a long time since you’ve received a “thank you”, or any sort of recognition. You begin to question yourself, and the relationship you have with your exec. Why can’t they just say, “thank you”?
You, my friend, have crossed over into people pleasing territory.
On the surface, people pleasing seems harmless. You’re just trying to do everything perfectly and make sure other people are happy with your work….right?
Unfortunately, under the surface, people pleasing is extremely detrimental. At its root, it’s essentially tying your identity and self-worth to another person.
Instead of standing in your self-sufficiency, and knowing that you produce good work, you look to your executive to tell you that you’re good enough.
When you don’t get the recognition you feel you deserve you desperately try and control what they think of you by making them happy. Again, you don’t get the level of recognition you deserve, and the cycle repeats.
Eventually, this leads to extreme frustration and resentment, and fails to serve anyone.
How do you let go of people pleasing and embrace the kick-ass assistant you know you are?
Here are a few tips:
- Know the difference between inserting yourself into other people’s shoes vs. their brain. Looking at things from your exec’s perspective is very different from trying to control what they thinks about you.
- Decide that you, and your contribution, are enough. It really is a decision.
- Realize that it’s not your job to make everyone, even your executive, happy all of the time. (No, really! It’s not.) In the same way your happiness is yours to own, their happiness is their to own. Allowing others to experience the bad along with the good allows for them to get to experience the fullness of the human experience.
Here’s the irony… We people please to make everyone else around us happy thinking this will bring us happiness, but it seldom does! Most of the time it only leads to bitterness, entitlement, and frustration.
TOGETHER WITH CAPITALIZE & TESS WARESMITH
Join Our Lunch & Learn So You Can Take Your 401K to 401YAY 💵
Did you know that the average American could lose out on $700,000 over the course of their lifetime just by leaving behind their 401(k)?
Next Wednesday 8/24 from 1PM ET, we’re teaming up with Capitalize and Tess Waresmith (an awesome financial wellness coach) to help you turn your 401K into a wealth-building tool. Bring your lunch and soak in the financial tips.
Why you should join our free lunch & learn:
- We’re keeping it short & sweet — 30 minutes of content tops.
- We’re leaving room for Q&A. Ask all your burning 401k Qs.
- We’ll give you actionable next steps to ensure you make the most of your 401k.
P.S. If you can’t make it, you can register to receive the recording post-event.
A QUOTE TO LIVE BY
From George Takei
“I intend to live life, not just exist.”
Our awesome partners help keep our content free 🥰
Offsite has the perfect free retreat planning guide you need for your next team adventure.
monday.com is the secret to effortless project management. Try it free today.
The Daily Upside helps you rethink your financial news diet and gives you crisp, unbiased business insights each morning for free.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
- In search of Anonymous Feedback Tools? Look no further.
- Swipe inspo from these Employee Shout Outs.
- A recession is making it’s way — find cost-effective ways to retain employees.
PETS OF THE WEEK
We’re huge pet lovers at The Assist and want to feature a pet each week — send us a photo of your fur baby to be featured!
💌 Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your pet’s name, photo and a fun fact about your pet.