👏 To Helping
You can help without micromanaging. Trust us, read these tips >
💃 To National Dance Day
Get up & dance! Find ways to celebrate National Dance Day >
🏃 To After Work Motivation
Find it hard to work out after work? Get tips on how to get motivated to work out >
🍁 To Fall Decor
It’s September, which means pumpkin spice and everything nice! Check out these fall decor must-haves >
📌 To Managing Multitasking
Keep up with today’s fast-paced workplaces. See how you can overcome multitasking overload >
TOGETHER WITH MORNING BREW
Learn Something New Every Day
Join over 4 million people by reading Morning Brew — the free daily email delivering the latest news across business, finance, and tech.
Let’s face it: traditional business news is dry, dense, & boring. But Morning Brew is written in a witty yet educational tone that makes reading the news actually enjoyable.
The best part? It’s 100% free and only takes 5 minutes to read so that you can get all of the most relevant updates and get on with your day. Check it out!
FROM ANNIE CRONER, EA & COACH
Why you’re feeling resentful
As an assistant it’s probably safe to say that most of your time is spent streamlining someone else’s life, and this is just at the office. Even more of your life revolves around others if you have a partner, kids at home, and/or aging parents to take care of.
If you’re not careful, it is so easy to feel pushed around by your circumstances and let resentment fester.
Resentment comes as a result of saying yes when you don’t want to or because you feel you “have to”.
When you live in resentment long enough, other ramifications, such as burnout and frequent mistakes, tend to rear their ugly heads.
If you’d like to stay out of resentment, here are a few surefire ways:
- Get clear on your values and set healthy parameters or boundaries around your time and energy. Values and boundaries look different for all of us. Determining what you value in your life and where your boundaries lie is crucial in living a life free of resentment.
- Realize that holding boundaries starts with you. We train others on how we are to be treated with every interaction. If you violate your own boundaries by giving in when someone tests them, you are doing yourself a disservice. You’re also teaching others that your boundaries aren’t really what you claim they are.
- Make time for you. In order to truly live a life you love, you need to make time for the things you love. Hobbies, rest, and recreation aren’t frivolous, they’re necessary and will serve to ground you.
To learn more about Annie, please visit her website: WholeAssistant.com or connect with her on LinkedIn.
TOGETHER WITH ODYSSEY SNACKS
Our Latest Snack Obsession
They say if something is too good to be true, then it usually isn’t.
Well, we’d like to make the argument for Odyssey Snacks and their prebiotic protein bars.
What we ❤️ about them:
- Packed with prebiotics that are clinically proven to promote better digestive health.
- Good source of fiber and protein.
- Sweetened with dates, honey, and bananas — not sugar alcohols!
- Nut butter based, so the texture is easy to chew and not chalky.
- Gluten free, soy free, and some bars are even dairy free as well.
- No need for refrigeration (great for tailgating!).
A QUOTE TO LIVE BY
From Abraham Maslow
“One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.”
Show to binge 📺 :
The Last Duel
Survivor by Chuck Palahniuk
Our awesome partners help keep our content free 🥰
The business of women’s sports is booming, and we don’t think you should miss out on the latest moves. Read the 3x-weekly sports business newsletter.
Health insurance for freelancers might just be the most daunting topic. We trust Dr. Noor to sort it all out under 15 minutes, for FREE.
The Daily Upside helps you rethink your financial news diet and gives you crisp, unbiased business insights each morning for free.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
PETS OF THE WEEK