Hilarious (and Cringeworthy) Examples of How NOT to Communicate
It can get a little tedious to constantly hear what you should do. Let’s change things up a little bit. Here are some communication gaffs that will give you a few laughs and also tell you precisely what not to do when you’re communicating.
- Don’t forget to check your send list, like this student who accidentally “replied all” to 40,000 people.
- Don’t fail to do your audience research, like the 1990s KFC ad execs who, due to the nuances of translation, told a bunch of potential new Chinese customers to eat their fingers off.
- Don’t go on communication autopilot at work, like this employee who told their boss they loved them before hanging up.
- Don’t fire the wrong person, like this regretful worker.
- Don’t forget to cross-check your dates, like this person who brought a bunch of people together on the wrong day.