“It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of gold and silver.” — Mahatma Gandhi
FOR THE MIND
Are you creative? (Spoiler alert: Yes, you are.)
Contrary to popular belief, creativity isn’t just for the artsy types. In fact, everyone has the potential to be creative in their own way.
The key is to tap into that potential and let your inner artist shine.
One way to boost your creativity is to try new things and step outside your comfort zone. Embrace opportunities to learn and try something different, whether it’s a new hobby or tackling a project in a new way.
It’s also helpful to set aside dedicated time for creative pursuits and make space in your life for play and experimentation.
Don’t be afraid to ask for help or collaborate with others — sometimes a fresh perspective is all you need to spark a new idea.
So go ahead, unleash your inner creativity and see what you can accomplish:
- ✏️ Like to draw? Check out these drawing challenges.
- 🍳 Like to cook? Try whipping up some of these recipes.
- ✍️ Like to write? Use these prompts to guide you.
- 📷 Like shooting photos? Take a shot at one of these challenges.
- 🎵 Like music? Play a little on your keyboard right now.
🧠 Still don’t believe you’re creative? Take this quiz to understand where you fall on the creativity scale.
TOGETHER WITH GROUPTOGETHER
Is It Mike’s Last Week?
Need an online way to organize a farewell, retirement, or maternity gift and card from the whole team?
GroupTogether is the easy (and fun!) way that replaces passing the envelope around the office. Perfect for remote teams 👌.
- Go to GroupTogether.com to create your collection and share the link.
- Everyone clicks to securely pay and sign the card online.
- Choose from 150+ eGift Cards, or give the AnyCard and let them choose!
You can even download/print the card or send it digitally.
Used by EAs at Disney, Bank of America, Harvard, Department of Veterans’ Affairs & more.
Plus…it’s FREE for unlimited people.
👉 Try GroupTogether Today
FOR THE BODY
Get Your Om On
Think you know everything there is to know about the health benefits of yoga?
Here are a few fun facts about how this ancient practice can boost your physical and mental well-being:
- Yoga can help reduce stress and improve your mood by releasing feel-good chemicals in the brain. Talk about a win-win!
- Practicing yoga can give your immune system a boost, helping you fend off colds and other illnesses.
- Yoga can help improve your flexibility and balance, which can come in handy for all those awkward moments in life.
- It’s not just your muscles that benefit from yoga — your bones do too! Weight-bearing poses can help strengthen your bones and prevent osteoporosis.
- Yoga can help you sleep better. So next time you’re having trouble nodding off, try hitting the mat instead of counting sheep.
🧘🏻♀️ Read more surprising benefits of yoga here.
🪑 You can even do some yoga poses at your desk.
TOGETHER WITH BETTERHELP
Take Control of Your Mental Wellness
Start the new year on a high note with BetterHelp.
Life can be tough, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Whether you’re dealing with grief, looking to improve your coping strategies or just feeling a bit down, therapy is the gold standard for mental health treatment.
Why we ❤️ BetterHelp:
- They have the best of the best. Take their quiz and get matched to one of their 25,000+ therapists.
- You can switch at no extra charge if you’re not vibing with your therapist.
- Multiple ways to do sessions. Pick what works for you — phone, video, or even live chat.
Don’t wait, take the first step towards living your best, happiest life.
Take the quiz and get matched today
FOR THE WORKPLACE
A little appreciation goes a long way
An employee appreciation email is like a virtual high-five, letting your team know that their hard work and dedication is not going unnoticed.
But why settle for a generic message when you can add a little personality and wit?
Try starting with a catchy subject line like “You deserve a round of applause” or “Your hard work is paying off”.
Then, get creative with your message — try using humor or personalized details to make it stand out.
Some examples of what to write in an employee appreciation email include:
“Your attention to detail has not gone unnoticed – thanks for catching that mistake!”, or “I don’t know how you juggle it all, but your multitasking skills are seriously impressive. Keep up the great work!”
Better yet, why not make it a speech.
FOR YOUR TEAM
It’s National Thesaurus Day
Our awesome partners help keep our content free 🥰
Miro has loads of free helpful templates from icebreakers to daily meeting templates.
The Gist is a free must-subscribe newsletter that provides a refreshing female voice and perspective on sports.
The Daily Upside helps you rethink your financial news diet and gives you crisp, unbiased business insights each morning for free.
Headspace is our go-to meditation and mindfulness app (for those who struggle with falling asleep — check out their sleep casts!).
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
🗓️ EA How To is hosting a free Microsoft Power Hour tomorrow 1/19 at 11AM PT. Get tips on Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook. Spots are limited so be sure to register ASAP!
🤗 Want to improve mental health at work? Check out this guide.
🔖 Catch up on all Wellness Wednesday newsletters here.
🏪 The Assist Store: Check out our Daily To Do List Template and browse our Etsy Store.