“Good health and good sense are two of life’s greatest blessings.” – Publilius Syrus
FOR THE MIND
Spot The Imposter
Imposter syndrome can be tricky to spot, it’s like a chameleon that blends in with its surroundings.
But if you’re feeling like a fraud, despite all evidence to the contrary, chances are you’ve been duped by imposter syndrome.
Here are some ways to overcome the sneaky foe:
1. Recognize and acknowledge the feeling. Even the most successful people experience imposter syndrome — the first step to overcoming it is to recognize that it’s happening in the first place.
2. Reframe negative thoughts. When you find yourself having negative thoughts about your abilities, try to reframe them in a more positive light. For example, instead of telling yourself, “I’m not good enough,” try saying, “I may not be an expert yet, but I’m learning and growing every day.”
3. Share your feelings with others. Talk to people you trust about your imposter syndrome. You might find that they have experienced similar feelings, and that discussing your doubts can help you feel more validated and less alone.
4. Don’t compare yourself to others. It’s easy to look at other people’s accomplishments and feel like you’re not measuring up, but remember that everyone’s journey is different. Instead, focus on your own progress and celebrate your own accomplishments.
5. Give yourself credit, instead of diminishing them or attributing them to luck. Pro-tip: Start a brag book or keep a folder on your computer where you can screenshot messages of praise from your boss and colleagues. Refer back to these items when you’re feeling imposter-y.
6. Seek help if needed. If you find that imposter syndrome is affecting your daily life and preventing you from reaching your goals, it might be helpful to seek guidance from a therapist or counselor to work on the cognitive and emotional aspects of the imposter syndrome.
TOGETHER WITH BETTERHELP
Take Control of Your Mental Wellness
Start the new year on a high note with BetterHelp.
Life can be tough, but you don’t have to go through it alone. Whether you’re dealing with grief, looking to improve your coping strategies or just feeling a bit down, therapy is the gold standard for mental health treatment.
Why we ❤️ BetterHelp:
- They have the best of the best. Take their quiz and get matched to one of their 25,000+ therapists.
- You can switch at no extra charge if you’re not vibing with your therapist.
- Multiple ways to do sessions. Pick what works for you — phone, video, or even live chat.
Don’t wait, take the first step towards living your best, happiest life.
FOR THE BODY
Don’t overlook Vitamin D
You might think a deficiency in vitamin D is just a minor inconvenience, but let me tell you – it’s a slippery slope. Before you know it, you’re not just feeling weak and tired, you’re also developing a strong aversion to sunlight and a penchant for staying indoors. And let’s not even get started on the whole ‘bone density’ thing.
Vitamin D deficiency can have a significant impact on productivity and overall wellness. Studies have shown that low levels of vitamin D can lead to feelings of fatigue and weakness, making it difficult for individuals to maintain a consistent level of energy throughout the day.
Additionally, vitamin D deficiency can negatively affect mood, leading to feelings of depression and anxiety, which can further impair productivity.
Trust me, you don’t want to mess around with this vitamin, but during the winter it’s naturally harder to get vitamin D (standing outside in the rain or snow is not it).
But don’t worry, try these things to help get you through the tough months:
TOGETHER WITH MIRO
Don’t start from scratch — use a template
Are you tired of staring at a blank canvas when it comes to your team’s collaboration and brainstorming?
Look no further than Miro!
With a wide variety of templates, you’ll have everything you need to jumpstart your next project. From mind maps to team meeting agenda templates, Miro has it all. Plus, its intuitive interface makes it easy for even the most technologically challenged team members to use.
Some of our fave templates:
- Meeting Agenda Template
- Daily Standup Meeting Template
- Pros & Cons List Template
- To-Do List Template
- Stickies Packs Template
- Emotions Wheel Icebreaker Template
FOR THE WORKPLACE
A friendly face following lay-offs
We know that losing a job can be a tough and stressful experience. But, as friends and colleagues, we can all play a role in providing support and encouragement during this difficult time.
First and foremost, listen. Sometimes, just having someone to talk to can make a world of difference. So, make yourself available to your friend or colleague and let them vent, cry, or just talk about their feelings.
Next, remind them of their strengths and skills. Being laid off can shake one’s confidence, so remind your friend of all the amazing things they have to offer and help them focus on the future.
Another way to support your friend is by helping them with their job search. Offer to proofread resumes and cover letters, or even connect them with your professional network.
Don’t forget to remind them to take care of themselves as well. Offer to cook them dinner, take them out for a walk or a coffee, or even treat them to a spa day. Taking care of their physical and emotional well-being is important.
Lastly, remind them that this is not the end but just a new chapter. Remind them that there are always new opportunities and adventures out there. And who knows, this layoff might just be the push they needed to pursue their dream job.
So, let’s all be supportive and encouraging as our friends and colleagues navigate this difficult time. Together, we’ll help them come out on top.
FOR YOUR TEAM
Get the conversations flowin’
- Is a hotdog a sandwich?
- If you were an athlete, what would you choose as your walkout song?
- What game show do you think you could win?
Our awesome partners help keep our content free 🥰
monday.com is the secret to effortless collaboration with your team. Try it free today.
The GIST is a free must-subscribe newsletter that provides a refreshing female voice and perspective on sports.
The Daily Upside helps you rethink your financial news diet and gives you crisp, unbiased business insights each morning for free.
The Newsette is an email full of news you need to know, stuff you’ll become obsessed with, and inspiring women to follow.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
📝 Resigning from your role? Check out these resignation letter templates and examples.
📉 Is a recession coming? Most are saying “yes”. Discover ways you can retain your employees during a recession.
🔖 Catch up on all Wellness Wednesday newsletters here.