“I believe that the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you.” – Joyce Meyer
FOR THE MIND
Talk the Talk: How to Introduce Positive Self-Talk into Your Daily Routine
Positive self-talk can be like a magic wand for your mood, but it’s not always easy to wave around.
It’s easy to get caught up in negative thoughts, but don’t worry, you can start practicing positive self-talk today.
Just like a muscle, your brain can be trained to think more positively, and with a little bit of effort, you can turn that inner critic into a cheerleader.
Here are ways you can integrate positive self talk into your daily routine:
💭 Challenge negative thoughts. Ask yourself if the thought is true or if it’s just a perception.
🗣️ Speak kindly to yourself. Instead of being hard on yourself, try to speak to yourself in the same way you would speak to a friend.
👀 Engage in positive visualization. Imagine yourself achieving your goals, and imagine how you’ll feel when you reach them. Try to create a clear and detailed mental picture.
🙏 Practice gratitude. Kick off your day by stating out loud (or writing down) the things you’re thankful for. This can help to shift your focus away from negative thoughts and feelings.
😌 Incorporate mindfulness. Mindfulness practices such as meditation, deep breathing and yoga can help you to focus on the present moment and to observe your thoughts without judgment.
🏆 Focus on small wins throughout the day.
TOGETHER WITH HERS
When you’ve tried everything for anxiety, try Hers
Accessing professional mental health treatment can help you regain your emotional wellness and achieve a healthier, more balanced life.
Through Hers, you get personalized attention tailored to your individual needs, finding the right treatment for you. Over 75% of Hers customers who checked in with their provider reported improvements in their mental health symptoms.*
Why we ❤️ Hers:
- Only $25 for your first month**
- FDA-approved medications delivered directly
- Messaging-only consults (no in-person visits needed)***
- Unlimited online check-ins and dosage adjustments
- Personalized treatment plan reco in 24-48 hours
**Subscription required. After first month, price is $85/month for a monthly subscription or $49/month for a three-month subscription ($123 for first order, $147 billed quarterly thereafter). Subscription automatically renews unless you cancel at least 7 days before renewal is processed.
***Asynchronous visits not available in all states.
FOR THE BODY
The ‘Guilty’ Pleasure That’s Actually Good for You
Dark chocolate: the ultimate indulgence for both your taste buds and your health.
Not only does it satisfy your sweet cravings, but it’s also packed with antioxidants and flavonoids that can help lower blood pressure, improve brain function, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
So go ahead, treat yourself to a square (or two) of dark chocolate. Your taste buds and your body will thank you.
🍫 Check out these fun facts your probably didn’t know about dark chocolate:
- Eating dark chocolate with a high percentage of cocoa can improve blood flow and lower blood pressure.
- The high flavonoid content in dark chocolate helps protect the skin from sun damage.
- Dark chocolate is a great source of magnesium, which can help with muscle and nerve function.
- Studies show that eating dark chocolate can improve brain function and boost mood by increasing the levels of certain neurotransmitters in the brain.
- Dark chocolate is a natural appetite suppressant which can help people to eat less and lose weight.
TOGETHER WITH MIRO
Don’t start from scratch — use a template
Are you tired of staring at a blank canvas when it comes to your team’s collaboration and brainstorming?
Look no further than Miro!
With a wide variety of templates, you’ll have everything you need to jumpstart your next project. From mind maps to team meeting agenda templates, Miro has it all. Plus, its intuitive interface makes it easy for even the most technologically challenged team members to use.
Some of our fave templates:
- Meeting Agenda Template
- Daily Standup Meeting Template
- Pros & Cons List Template
- To-Do List Template
- Stickies Packs Template
- Emotions Wheel Icebreaker Template
FOR THE WORKPLACE
Happy Black History Month!
Black History Month comes around every February in the United States and Canada. Celebrating this month in the workplace provides an opportunity to reflect on the past, learn from it, and strive for a more inclusive and equitable future.
It’s not only important to celebrate the achievements of black people during this month, but also to make a commitment to create lasting change and progress.
Take time to celebrate Black History Month with your team:
- Host a book club focused on books written by African American authors, to expose yourself to different perspectives.
- Spice up your coffee break by having a trivia game on famous African American figures and events in history. Bonus points if you make it interactive and have prizes for the winners.
- Plan a lunch and learn session and have a panel of African American guest speakers (or even your own employees, if they’re up for it) share their unique experiences and contributions in their field. Pro tip: Tie the lunch options to African American cuisines.
- Encourage and support your team members to attend any cultural events happening in your city during the month.
- Create an office art gallery featuring the works of African American artists and have an informal meet and greet with the artist if available.
FOR YOUR TEAM
Black History Month Trivia
- When did the celebration of Black History Month begin?
- When did Martin Luther King Jr. give his “I Have A Dream Speech”?
- Who said, “if there is no struggle, there is no progress”?
Our awesome partners help keep our content free 🥰
Need to organize a farewell, retirement or maternity gift and card from the whole team? Check out Group Together (free for unlimited people).
The Daily Upside helps you rethink your financial news diet and gives you crisp, unbiased business insights each morning for free.
Headspace is our go-to meditation and mindfulness app (for those who struggle with falling asleep — check out their sleep casts!).
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
🤗 Want to improve mental health at work? Check out this guide.
🔖 Catch up on all Wellness Wednesday newsletters here.