Start your morning with this affirmation:
Today’s checklist: Shut down spam, refresh your charm, be a digital transformer, and organize your chaos.
❗ Looking for a new job? Scroll down to our featured job listings.
Spam-a-Lot No More
Magic does exist IRL—in the form of gloriously easy web privacy hacks that take next to zero time but save lots and may even make you feel like your inbox is well…yours again.
Work anti-spam magic with these quick tricks:
- Deploy Hide my Email across Apple devices.
- Use Private Relay to become a Firefox sleuth.
- Call upon the powers of Do Not Pay.
- Embrace the security of the email alias. Washington Post contributors recommend creating a commerce-only email address for all purchases and sign-ups or adding +business name at the end of your Gmail address to help better track sources of leaks and security breaches.
SPONSORED BY SWAGUP
Get Down With SwagUp
What do new hires, employees, clients, and prospects all have in common?
They love getting swag!
But not just any swag…thoughtful and actually useful swag.
Coming up with good swag curations takes a lot of effort and time though, which is why we wanted to introduce you to SwagUp.
Not only are they a one-stop-shop for all your swag needs —handling every detail of your order from supplier coordination to design, to assembly and logistics — they also create unforgettable experiences that your employees and clients will appreciate.
Have an event or new hire orientation coming up? Check out their top-selling packs and get started on your order.
YOU DO YOU
Effortless Charm: How to Make Anyone Feel Comfortable
Last year around this time, as COVID-19 vaccines rolled out and the world started reopening, there was a collective acceptance that we’d all be a little socially awkward at first. But if you remain working from home or even in a hybrid environment, you may feel like your overall in-person charm and confidence still aren’t quite up to their dazzling pre-pandemic levels.
Maybe you’re nervous to tackle your first in-person interview in over a decade or hustling to get back into the networking circuit. No matter what type of in-person interaction you’re looking to enhance, these ridiculously easy tips will help everything go smoothly for both you and the person you’re charming.
Speak and move slowly
Even if you’re excited, try to slow down those waving arms or rapid-fire words. Otherwise, you could make others subconsciously anxious or afraid and consciously uncomfortable. Why is that? According to Psychology Today, people evolved to understand that sudden events (including movements and sounds) could mark the beginning of an attack.
Tip: Use the other person as a mirror, a “pacer car,” for your movements and talking speed.
Throw out some genuine compliments
Compliments light up the brain, giving people an instant feel-good vibe, even people you’ve just met.
Demonstrate you’re listening
Use eye-contact, nods, and non-interrupting verbal affirmations to demonstrate your attention. Summarize how you’re interpreting their words. Ask clarifying questions, even if you think you know the answer, to make others feel heard.
SPONSORED BY FOLK
Build Your Own Custom CRM to Manage Your Contacts
Existing CRM (customer relationship management) systems on the market aren’t for everyone. With Folk, you can build your own CRM for any kind of business.
Are you a Human Resources Manager? Chief of Staff? Or generally speaking, do you manage a lot of contacts?
If so, you deserve a personalized CRM like Folk.
On Folk, you’ll be able to customize everything and synchronize your sources of contacts (Gmail, Calendar, Linkedin), send custom emails in bulk, get reminders, add comments, share a contact with your team, and a so much more.
Digital Disruption: Courses for 2022
According to Emeritus, one of the most in-demand skill sets of the future is digital transformation. The prediction makes perfect sense in a world where over 80% of employers have plans to rapidly digitalize processes and the rate of general technological advancement is expected to remain steady or even quicken in some sectors.
New technologies will come and go, but experts in digital transformation will remain essential to the successful vetting, adoption, and implementation of all the new technologies that cycle through. Build your skills in this future-proof area with these classes and certifications.
Chief Digital Officer Program: Leading Transformation via Northwestern Kellogg School of Management
- After this course, you’ll be able to…translate seemingly random digital trends and market insights into practical business opportunities.
- After this course, you’ll be able to…call yourself a visionary leader with a keen eye for digitally optimized strategies.
- After this course, you’ll be able to…navigate present and future digital disruptions as they affect relationships and data-driven strategies.
- After this course, you’ll be able to…how to approach innovation through the lens of design thinking.
- After this course, you’ll be able to…leverage advanced technology, including artificial intelligence and quantum computing, in practical yet forward-thinking ways.
- After this course, you’ll be able to…confidently navigate change and uncertainty with help from digital technologies.
- After this course, you’ll be able to…understand the underlying economic and market complexities of digital tech and leverage said knowledge to spur growth.
- After this course, you’ll be able to…build a customized and highly specific digital transformation plan for your own business.
GET MORE SH*T DONE
Not Naturally Organized? No Problem
A little bit of chaos every once in a while can be fun, refreshing even. However constant chaos, especially in your work, can hemorrhage your time and efficiency.
You don’t have to be naturally organized to get everything under control. Here are some quick tips for creating order and harmony in the face of chaos.
Remember these three foundational steps. Return to them day after day when a sense of chaos or overwhelm begins to creep in.
Minimize: Break up big tasks into little tasks. (Just one of the amazing ideas we love from this professional organizer’s blog post.)
Categorize: Group your tasks into categories that make sense to you. (Example categories: Urgency, deadline, project, goal area, importance, difficulty, etc.) This exercise works a bit like the “chunking” learning methodology. When you group your tasks into categories, you turn a haphazard mass of information into chunks your brain can more easily process.
Prioritize: If you have too many tasks on your plate, then you’ll find it challenging to keep them organized. (Some experts recommend limiting your list to just 9 items.)
Use the tools and resources you find enjoyable to make organization a fun and natural part of your day.
Here are just a few ideas:
- Integrate all your calendars, notes, and to-dos into 24Me so you can look at everything at once.
- Use Jour to easily keep a daily journal that helps you wrap your head around everything.
- Experiment with Onenote templates to organize your to-dos, calendar, notes, and anything else you want.
- Use Toodledo to set up tasks and to-dos and then get reminders so you don’t have to keep anything in your head.
- Put everything in ink using a pretty organizer pad.
- Use project management software, such as Microsoft Planner, Asana, or Trello. (You can even read about how a professional organizer uses Trello for daily task management.)
- Use Celoxis to upload all your documents, emails, and spreadsheets and organize them in one place.
- Declutter your mind to make it easier to declutter your work.
JUST FOR FUN
Riddle Me This
I have cities, but no houses. I have mountains, but no trees. I have water, but no fish. What am I?
(pssst…answer is below)
In Case You Missed It…
Cabinet is the platform for everything executive assistants and admins need to streamline and modernize administrative operations.
Office Otter is the free automated to-do list you didn’t know you needed (until now).
The Daily Upside helps you rethink your financial news diet and gives you crisp, unbiased business insights each morning for free.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
The Assist Store — Weekly Drop
Trending Team Building Activities:
🚨 Job Alerts
- Director, Growth Marketing & Paid Media (Foria)
- Creative Project Manager (Foria)
- Administrative Business Partner (Google)
- Workplace Experience Specialist (Canva)
- Software Engineer (Honey)
- DEI initiatives are becoming a more integral part of companies. Find DEI activities you can do with your team.
- Scaling employee appreciation is no easy feat. Swipe some ideas here.
- Earth day is coming up on 4/22 — celebrate at work.
🙋🏻♀️ Answer to riddle: A map.