“Self-care is not about self-indulgence, it’s about self-preservation.” — Audrey Lorde
FOR THE MIND
Get Organized Day
Are you constantly losing track of tasks, missing deadlines, and feeling like you just can’t get it together?
You may be suffering from executive dysfunction.
Studies show that executive dysfunction affects up to 33% of people with ADHD and is associated with difficulties in attention, organization, and time-management.
So, how can you tell if you have executive dysfunction?
Some common signs include difficulty starting or completing tasks, forgetfulness, poor time-management skills, and impulsivity. If you’re constantly running behind or feeling overwhelmed, it may be time to take a closer look at your executive functioning skills.
Fortunately, there are steps you can take to improve your organization skills even if you have executive dysfunction:
- Color-code: Color-coding can help you quickly identify different types of items or tasks. Use color-coding for file folders, labels, or even your calendar to help keep everything organized.
- Create a system for incoming information: Create a system for dealing with incoming information, such as emails, mail, and other messages. Set aside time each day to process this information and file it appropriately.
- Use a Planner or Calendar: Keeping track of important dates and deadlines can be a challenge for those with executive dysfunction. Using a planner or calendar can help you stay on top of your schedule and reduce the risk of forgetting important tasks.
- Break Tasks into Smaller Ones: Rather than trying to tackle a large project all at once, break it down into smaller, more manageable steps. This can help to reduce feelings of overwhelm and make it easier to focus on specific tasks.
- Minimize multitasking: Multitasking can be counterproductive and reduce your efficiency. Instead, focus on one task at a time and complete it before moving on to the next one.
- Categorize items: Categorizing items by type, frequency of use, or other criteria can help you keep track of them and find them more easily when you need them.
- Automate tasks: Automating routine tasks, such as paying bills or scheduling appointments, can help you save time and stay organized.
- Seek Support: Working with a mental health professional or coach can provide you with the skills and strategies you need to manage executive dysfunction effectively. They can also help you identify and address any underlying mental health conditions, such as depression or anxiety.
TOGETHER WITH GROUPTOGETHER
We know you work your a** off
And in honor of Administrative Professionals’ Day, we want to thank you office rockstars by making your life easier…and ideally, make you look good in the process 😉.
Next time you need to organize an office farewell, baby shower, birthday or thank you, try GroupTogether.
It’s a free, all-in-one group gifting platform that is a fan fav of Executive Assistants and Admins at Disney, Zoom, The New York Times and more.
FOR THE BODY
Try This HIIT Workout Today
Try this fun 30 minute HIIT workout routine that can be done at home or at the gym and suitable for all ages:
Warm-up (5 minutes):
- 1 minute of jumping jacks
- 1 minute of high knees
- 1 minute of butt kicks
- 1 minute of jogging in place
- 1 minute of rest
Rest for 30 sec after each set.
- 30 seconds of jumping lunges
- 30 seconds of mountain climbers
- 30 seconds of push-ups
- 30 seconds of squat jumps
- 30 seconds of burpees
- 30 seconds of bicycle crunches
- Repeat the entire circuit for a total of 3 rounds
- 1 minute of walking in place
- 1 minute of hamstring stretches
- 1 minute of quad stretches
- 1 minute of shoulder stretches
- 1 minute of rest
💦 Remember to drink plenty of water throughout the workout and modify the exercises as needed to suit your fitness level.
Enjoy your HIIT workout!
TOGETHER WITH BONUSLY
Incentivize your team to get moving 🏃
When someone takes part in Bike to Work Day, you can tell by the grease marks on their calves and helmet on their desk.
📈 But how do you scale and reward your wellness initiatives as your company grows?
Bonusly’s claimable awards incentivize healthy behaviors that contribute to a strong workplace, whether it’s Bike to Work Day, flu shots, a company step challenge, or your team’s vegetarian chili cook-off.
You can also create custom wellness rewards to showcase your company’s culture and add some fun to your corporate wellness initiatives.
FOR THE WORKPLACE
💌 To All Admin Professionals & EAs
It’s that time of the year again when we get to celebrate the unsung heroes of the workplace — the admins, the secretaries, the assistants, and the operations professionals who keep the wheels turning and the cogs churning.
For many of our readers, that means we’re celebrating you today!
But have you ever wondered how this day came to be?
Admin Professionals Day (formerly known as National Secretaries Day) was first observed in 1952 in the United States. It was created by the National Secretaries Association (now the International Association of Administrative Professionals) to recognize the contributions and importance of administrative professionals in the workplace.
So to all the admins and executive assistants out there, thank you for your hard work and dedication 💕. You are the backbone of your organization — Happy Admin Professionals Day!
For non-admins, swipe some of these ideas to celebrate your admins and EAs at work today:
🙏 Say thank you: This might seem obvious, but sometimes a simple “thank you” can go a long way. Take the time to express your appreciation for your admin’s hard work and let them know how much you value their contributions.
🎁 Give a gift: A small token of appreciation can go a long way in making your admin feel valued. Consider giving them a gift card to their favorite coffee shop or restaurant, or perhaps a thoughtful book or a plant for their desk.
🗓️ Plan an event: Why not organize a lunch or happy hour to celebrate your admin’s contributions? Or, if you’re working remotely, consider setting up a virtual hangout or sending a care package to their home.
📝 Take on their workload: Give your admin a break by taking on some of their tasks for the day. This will not only show your appreciation for their hard work but also give them a chance to take a breather and recharge.
FOR YOUR TEAM
Send this joke to your marketing team
✊ Knock, knock
Our new e-book!
(Our new e-book, who?)
Please fill out this form with your social security number, firstborn’s name, GPA, work history, current salary, and phone number of your high school crush. We’ll send you the punch line.
Our awesome partners help keep our content free 🥰
Likewise is your entertainment wingman, helping you find your next binge-worthy obsession.
Morning Brew is the free newsletter that gives you a shot of business news with a side of wit, so you can stay informed without dozing off.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
⚡If you’re managing multiple calendars, check out these tips.
🔖 Catch up on all OG Tuesday newsletters here.
🚨 Job Openings