“Self-care is not selfish. You cannot serve from an empty vessel.” — Eleanor Brown
FOR THE MIND
Journal your way to self-awareness
Journaling is an incredibly effective tool for improving mental health, and can help individuals cope with difficult emotions and situations.
By recording thoughts and feelings, it allows us to process our experiences in a structured way that can help uncover deeper insights into our behavior and emotional wellbeing. This can lead to greater self-awareness and improved communication skills.
✍️ Here’s a journal prompt to get you started:
- ⌛ Too busy to journal on paper? Try recording yourself (voice memo or like a vlog)!
- 📝 Take it to work: start a brag book for your professional accomplishments (comes in handy during job interviews and reviews).
- 😌 Take the time to reflect on 2022 with Steve Schlafman’s The Ultimate Annunal Review blueprint.
TOGETHER WITH SUNSAMA
Want to break bad habits in 2023? Start by building better ones.
We’re sure you’ve already set your goals for 2023 like the go-getter you are or at least started brainstorming them.
But many of the most impactful leaders know exactly what they need to accomplish before the day even starts. They set weekly goals to inch them towards their big annual goals.
And guess what?
They aren’t relying on their brain or scattered sticky notes to set those tasks. They have proper systems and tools.
Sunsama is the daily planner for busy professionals — helping you organize your tasks, meetings and emails all in one place.
Set weekly goals and plan a daily routine that allows you to become your ideal self this year.
FOR THE BODY
Swap Meal Prep for Ingredient Prep
Meal prepping is a great way to make sure you have healthy meals ready to go, but it can be time consuming and difficult to keep up with.
Ingredient prepping is a simpler alternative that doesn’t require as much time or effort, and is more maintainable in the long run.
With ingredient prepping, you simply gather all of the ingredients you need for several different recipes, then store them together in one place.
For example, you can cook your meats and chop all your fruits and veggies on Sundays to kick off the work week.
This way, you always have everything you need on hand, and can easily put together a meal without having to spend hours in the kitchen.
TOGETHER WITH MONDAY.COM
We Love a Good Template
We’ve compared monday.com to the Swiss army knife of project management softwares — and they’ve taken it up a notch by launching industry specific templates.
Here are some of our fave templates that you can use today (for free):
For HR & Recruiting:
- HR Requests
- Employee Engagement Survey
- Employee Recruitment & Onboarding
- Job App Form
- Cross Company Event Planning
FOR THE WORKPLACE
Turn Meetings into Walking Meetings
If you’re trying to keep up with your daily steps or want an easy way to make your meetings more stimulating, consider holding walking meetings for your team.
Not only do walking meetings boost employee engagement, but studies have also shown that they can increase creativity by 81-100% (specifically, divergent thinking).
Try it with your team:
- Find an appropriate outdoor space to hold your meeting. If your team is remote, a walk around the neighborhood will suffice (teammates can call in via phone).
- Before starting the meeting, discuss any rules or expectations while on the walk (e.g. no texting).
- Once the meeting begins, be sure to keep it focused on business topics.
- Keep track of time during your walking meeting so everyone knows when it’s time to wrap up and head back home or return to the office if necessary.
- Finally, don’t forget to follow up with participants after each walking meeting; ask them what they liked or disliked about it or suggest improvements they would like see implemented in future sessions.
Our awesome partners help keep our content free 🥰
If you’re going to drink alcohol, consider something with natural ingredients that isn’t loaded with sugar — like Ohza!
The Daily Upside helps you rethink your financial news diet and gives you crisp, unbiased business insights each morning for free.
Headspace is our go-to meditation and mindfulness app (for those who struggle with falling asleep — check out their sleep casts!).
Laughter on Call reduces stress and supports team building with shared laughter for your workplace.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
😩 Leave burnout behind in 2022. Read some tips on how you can prevent it in 2023.
📜 Want to become a better storyteller? There are limited spots, so grab yours while you can for this masterclass! Use code ASSIST20 for 20% off.