YOU DO YOU
Come on, get happy
If you have 1+ hours
- Improve your relationships and communication by identifying the “tendency” of your colleagues, friends, and loved ones.
- Do something nice for someone else. For example, you could write someone a note about why you admire them, bake their favorite treat, or surprise a friend with their favorite delivery meal.
- Help (or offer to help) a colleague or friend with a project.
- Make a decision you’ve been avoiding.
- Listen, really listen, to someone you care about for 20 minutes.
- Practice feeling sympathetic joy the next time you feel jealous or envious.
- Congratulate someone on their recent good news or accomplishments.
TOGETHER WITH BONUSLY
Free Template: HR Vendor Evaluation Scorecard
This handy HR Vendor Evaluation Scorecard will bring much-needed structure to any search for new HR software and service partners.
Whether you’re looking at vendors on your own or with a committee, use this spreadsheet template to stay organized.
With this scorecard, you can easily:
- 📝 Track general notes from each vendor call
- 📩 Collect follow up materials and contact information
- 🤑 Notate price per seat and annual costs
- 💯 Rate vendors based on your company’s priorities and budget
GET MORE SH*T DONE
So you think you can Google?
Google is pretty good at figuring out what we’re looking for. However, incorporating a few upgrades into your search methodology could improve the efficiency, relevancy, and value of your queries.
You could, for example…
- Add a tilde (~) before words to see results for similar words
- Use “or” between words when you can’t decide what term will be best
- Add “customer service” to a company-name query to get the most direct (and hopefully most helpful) phone number
- Append your queries with “before” or “after” plus a date to find results published during specific timeframes
- Use “allintitle: [your search query]” to see only pages with titles that include all your search terms
TOGETHER WITH MONDAY.COM
We Love a Good Template
We’ve compared monday.com to the Swiss army knife of project management softwares — and they’ve taken it up a notch by launching industry specific templates.
Here are some of our fave templates that you can use today (for free):
For HR & Recruiting:
- HR Requests
- Employee Engagement Survey
- Employee Recruitment & Onboarding
- Job App Form
- Cross Company Event Planning
Bodies speak louder than words
Blatant mimicry is a quick way to insult people or creep them out.
Subtly mirroring someone else’s body language, on the other hand, is a quick way to ingratiate yourself to them thanks to something we call the chameleon effect, which has been linked to enhanced rapport, cooperation, and even social cohesion.
Produce it by subtly mirroring others’ posture, facial expressions, talking speed, and even hand mannerisms.
Writing for Chopra, Tris Thorp provides these simple instructions:
“Simply stated, match and mirror what they do. Sit in the same way they are sitting—if their legs are crossed, cross your legs. If they have both forearms on the table, place both of your forearms on the table. If they lean to one side, lean to one side. If they’re taking slow deep breaths, match their breathing.”
Break up with your email client (or at least think about it)
We’ve got a crazy idea for you: It might be time to take a look at the other fish (aka email clients) in the sea.
Wait. What is an email client?
Here’s a definition from Geeks for Geeks:
“An email client is also known as a Mail User Agent. It is actually the program or the application that one has on his/her computer to send and receive emails. The email client is used to compose emails, send them, and read them. It is basically used for email management like creating, sending, receiving, and deleting emails.”
Microsoft Outlook and Gmail are two incredibly popular email clients you may be familiar with. But they’re not the only ones available.
Here are some other options to peruse if you’re looking to change things up:
The client that empowers you to organize your current inbox like never before.
The client that lets you customize layouts to suit your work.
The client that makes email feel even more like chat.
The client that lets you organize beyond the limitations of an interface.
Our awesome partners help keep our content free 🥰
Nutrafol’s Fullest Hair Growth Kit improves hair growth, visible thickness, and strength in as little as 3 months.
TeamOut is an online platform where you can easily book a team retreat so you can build stronger relationships with your work fam.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY