YOU DO YOU
Writer Stefanie Sword-Williams distilled her hard-earned self promotion wisdom into one simple golden rule: F*$K being humble. (Her all-encompassing rule happens to be the title of her literal book on self promotion.)
How exactly does one eschew a tendency society has basically ingrained in us?
Here are just a few top-level tips to keep in mind:
- Self promotion is really just telling true stories about yourself. (Because you’re awesome, remember?)
- Find people you can count on to remind you of your awesomeness.
- Take time to feel your pride before you speak it. (What are you most proud of? You need to have a solid answer and believe it before your self promotion can be as authentic as you want it to be.)
- Keep a running log of your accomplishments, strengths, and talents.
TOGETHER WITH FIGMA
Online Mind Mapping Template
Stressed trying to organize that next big project at work?
Struggling to align your team and brainstorm new ideas?
🗺️ A mind map can help!
This online mind mapping template allows you to visually map out projects and concepts so you can ideate, collaborate, and communicate complex ideas with clarity.
Whether you’re a project manager wrangling milestones, an HR pro planning a new program rollout, an EA planning an executive retreat, or a founder strategizing your startup’s growth roadmap, a mind map keeps everyone on the same page.
Mind mapping streamlines workflows, sparks innovation, and sets your projects up for success. And with real-time collaboration, you can work through challenges together as a team.
Click below to start mapping!
GET MORE SH*T DONE
Feeling less than productive? Maybe your brain isn’t to blame
Virgin Group founder Richard Branson has launched a practically obscene list of businesses, been knighted, and set powerboating records. His go-to productivity tip might make you roll your eyes at first, but bear with him.
He says concentrating on your eyes might be the key to unlocking your full productivity potential.
He believes making sure you rest your eyes frequently and also correcting your vision with glasses and contacts could have an outsized impact on your creativity.
Okay. Getting a new pair of glasses might not be a gateway to winning the Nobel prize, but his advice is a good reminder that resolving small physical discomforts—a little eye strain, some back stiffness, or a dull tension headache—can have huge impacts on our overall wellness.
This week, do at least one physical check-in.
- What do you notice when you pay complete attention to your body?
- What easy adjustment could you make to significantly improve your workplace comfort?
TOGETHER WITH BONUSLY
Feeling overwhelmed and stressed at work lately?
Take a breath — it’s time to inject some mindfulness into your busy workday!
Bonusly’s Mindfulness Bingo Card makes it easy and fun to build awareness and presence into your daily routine.
Here’s what you get in this free Mindfulness Bingo Card:
- 😌 Multiple work-specific mindfulness exercises.
- 💡 Unique ideas to help your team incorporate mindfulness into the work day.
- 👥 Activities that can be done solo or as a team.
- 💻 A PDF document you can easily share with others.
The easiest way to build authentic relationships
Of the 14 wonderful ideas posted by SHRM, one stood out as laughably and delightfully simple: Connect by sharing your stories.
“We have all taken big swings and completely missed the ball,” SHRM contributors write. “We have all second-guessed ourselves. We’ve all had bouts of luck. We’ve all had emotional growing pains. Tell your truth. Authentic relationships are built by people who share their real life experiences. That’s how you bridge the differences that often divide us.”
Offering personal information in story format reveals more about your character than the fun fact you shared at the last team stand-up. Besides, sharing your stories inspires others to do the same.
It’s easy to forget how powerful sharing a simple story can be. Next time you find yourself wondering what you should say, just remember to tell a simple, true story about yourself.
Happiness tip of the day
Our awesome partners help keep our content free 🥰
This collagen has sold out 3 times already — snatch it today with an extra 55% off to keep your hair, nails and skin looking flossy.
BetterHelp is the therapy session you don’t have to leave your house for, connecting you with licensed therapists online.
Check out your new favorite all-in-one solution for seamless social media collaboration and scheduling, making it a breeze to create, plan, and preview your content across multiple platforms.
Maximize productivity by minimizing document hassle with PandaDoc.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
🍎 Looking for healthier snacks for the office? Check out these ideas.
🕒 Improve your time management skills with these tips.
🔖 Catch up on all OG Tuesday newsletters here.
- Auditboard is hiring for a Senior Director, Total Rewards and HR Operations (Remote/Hybrid).
- Auditboard is hiring for a Vice President, Corporate Marketing (Remote/Hybrid).
- Microsoft is hiring for an Executive Business Administrator (Redmond, WA).
- Tower 28 is hiring for multiple positions including a Social Media Marketing Manager, Marketing Coordinator, and more. Check out their listings here.
SPILL THE TEA
Hooray, You Made It to the End of Our Newsletter!
Riddle me this: I’m not alive, but I can grow; I don’t have lungs, but I need air; I don’t have a mouth, but water kills me. What am I?
⭐ Answer here.