☕ To Yummy Coffee
Get fancy with your coffee for International Coffee Day (tomorrow). Try making these speciality coffee recipes at home >
👱♀️ To Saving Your Mems
Don’t forget to backup your phone or you’ll risk losing your photos, videos, messages, and more. Here’s how to backup your devices >
👱♀️ To Silky, Full Hair
Fall is for full, luscious hair! Try out these hair care must-haves >
🎧 To Podcast Listens
‘Tis the season for podcasts! Check out this list if must-listen to podcasts >
🍎 To A Cozy Drink
In celebration of Hot Mulled Cider Day, make your first cider of the season. Try this recipe (and it will make your house smell amazing!) >
TOGETHER WITH BONUSLY
The Problem We’re All Ignoring
Gallup’s 2023 State of the Workplace Report found that globally, over half of employees are considering leaving their job, and most are disengaged.
The term “employee engagement” has become a buzzword in corporate circles, yet its true significance is often underestimated or misunderstood.
In this free guide, you’ll learn:
- Why employee engagement is so hard to solve for
- 5 core solutions you can implement on your teams to improve engagement
- The ROI of employee engagement
Address the the challenge of employee disengagement and discover solutions that can transform your company into a into winning workplace.
FROM ANNIE CRONER, EA COACH, CEO & FOUNDER OF WHOLE ASSISTANT
How to Win at Networking
I recently went to Dallas to speak to a room of executive assistants and administrative professionals at a corporate event. I marveled at the collective knowledge in the room and basked in the encouragement and idea sharing that comes when we get out of our silos long enough to engage with other assistants who “get it”.
This got me thinking about how many times I’ve relied on (and helped) those in my network. My network has helped me find key players in my executive’s world, office space, trusted vendors and that one-of-a-kind gift that was nowhere to be found.
If you want to start expanding your network, and therefore your resources, here are some things to consider…
Start with what you’re doing right.
Before delving into strategies, it’s important to recognize the network you’ve already built. Think about the doorman or security personnel you encounter regularly, the cleaning crew you greet in your office building, and the vendors you interact with. These relationships are the building blocks of a robust network. Being present, acknowledging others, and building mutual respect lay the foundation for meaningful connections.
Just show up.
As you begin to put yourself out there, you will feel uncomfortable. It’s a natural part of the process. Don’t compound the issue by pressuring yourself into having to “perform” or be something you’re not. When you’re just starting out, showing up can be enough.
4 Practical Tips for Effective Networking:
- Be courteous and make eye contact: A simple smile and eye contact can go a long way in establishing a positive impression. These small gestures convey respect and openness.
- Ask open-ended questions: Engage in conversations by asking questions that encourage more than a yes or no answer. This shows your genuine interest in the other person and will keep the conversation going.
- Bring business cards: Despite the digital age, a business card remains a valuable tool. It’s a tangible reminder of your encounter and can facilitate follow-up communication.
- Cultivate genuine curiosity: Approach everyone with an attitude of curiosity and attentiveness. People appreciate when others show interest in them.
TOGETHER WITH THE DAILY UPSIDE
What Else To Read
You’re probably (actually, definitely) subscribed to too many newsletters right now, but one newsletter worth checking out is The Daily Upside.
What makes The Daily Upside second to none?
Instead of shouting sensationalist headlines from the hilltops (you know, ‘10 Year Yield Curve Screams Recession’), The Daily Upside goes deeper to contextualize the news against the broader business climate.
Their team of scholars, journalists, and investment bankers (with actual industry experience) provides a balanced perspective on what’s happening below the surface, comfortably removed from the clickbait noise.
The best part? It’s 100% free to subscribe, and hits your inbox before the markets open. Join over 1,000,000 loyal subscribers.
A QUOTE TO LIVE BY
From Stan Lee
“No one has a perfect life. Everybody has something that they wish was not the way it is.”
In Case You Missed It…
Morning Brew is the free newsletter that gives you a shot of business news with a side of wit, so you can stay informed without dozing off.
This free guide will take you through everything you need to know about creating more resilient, engaged teams today.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
💡 In the endless sea of project management software, it’s hard to know which one is best. We went through and selected our top 5.
🎃 Fall is in full swing, and we know you DIYers are looking for some fun decor to make. Get inspired here.
🔖 Catch up on all Weekender newsletters here.
- Clarify Health is hiring for a Junior Chief of Staff and Executive Assistant (Remote).
- Snap Inc. is hiring for a Senior Manager, Corporate Communications & Public Affairs (NY, NY).
- Snap Inc. is hiring for a Senior HR Generalist (LA, CA).
- Sephora is hiring for an Assistant Marketing Manager, Promotions (Remote).
- Workdays is hiring for a Biz Ops Director (Pleasanton/San Francisco, CA).
PETS OF THE WEEK
A mature lady, Lucky is a 16 year old rescue who knows exactly what she wants out of her “retirement”: naps in the sun, naps on laps, chicken-based food, and naps by the radiator.
She’s very vocal (probably due to hearing issues) and will absolutely let you know when she needs something or wants to say hi.
The queen of grumpy face, she has the standard tortie sass.