🇵🇭 To Filipino Heritage Month
One of the best ways to experience new cultures is through food! Celebrate Filipino Heritage Month by eating your way through these recipes >
🎀 To Breast Cancer Support
Whether you are battling Breast Cancer or a coworker is, having support in all facets is important. Learn how you can implement Breast Cancer awareness in the workplace here >
🖤 To Work-Appropriate Halloween Costumes
Need Halloween costume inspiration that’s work-friendly? Watch this >
🌮 To A Delicious Dinner
You might have seen these go viral! Check out the Smash Burger Taco recipe here >
💪 To Building Muscle
The more protein you eat, the more muscle you will build. If you need help keeping track of your protein, check out this resource >
TOGETHER WITH RITUAL
Essential for Women 18+ Multivitamin
Feeling off your A-game?
Our friends at Ritual have the daily supplement to bring your health into focus.
Essential for Women 18+ is a clinical-backed multivitamin specially formulated with 9 key nutrients to help fill gaps in women’s diets.
Its delayed-release capsules are designed to dissolve in the ideal absorption spot. Backed by science, Essential for Women 18+ increased vitamin D and omega-3 DHA levels by 43% and 41% respectively in a clinical trial.
Obsessive about quality, it’s vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free and allergen-free.
With our exclusive TA discount, you can enjoy 30% off your first month with code THEASSIST.
- Turn to nature: When we forget we’re nature and not a machine, there’s a simple solution. And it’s right outside your window. Tune into nature. My favorite ritual is to regularly visit my favorite tree. I watch how the tree changes and grows over the seasons. In winter, it’s bare, but during the early summer it flourishes.
- Accept that we are cyclical: During the winter, the soil rests and replenishes. If it didn’t, it wouldn’t be able to grow a crop the next spring. Just as the earth rests, so must we. Our rest is equally important as our production.
- Do something kind, gentle, and cozy for yourself: One of my favorite ways to support myself is to ask this question: how can I make this 10% easier? When we need rest, but can’t necessarily take the day off, we can support ourselves by finding ways to make the task easier, gentler, or more cozy.
- Is it a microwave or stovetop kind of day: My favorite snack is popcorn. The best popcorn is made on the stovetop. But sometimes, you need a snack and don’t have the time to pop it on the stove, melt the butter, and do the dishes. Those days are microwave popcorn days. Both end in popcorn. How we get there isn’t always as important as the end result.
TOGETHER WITH MIRO
How well do you know your team?
1 truth 2 lies is a simple icebreaker to do and creates healthy banter.
Here’s how to play:
- Team members populate a total of three sticky notes with 2 lies and 1 truth.
- Once completed, everyone uses dots to vote for the one they think is the truth.
- Do a round-robin where each person gets to share verbally what the correct “truth” sticky was.
This icebreaker is really easy, quick and fun, and is a great way to energize your team before starting a meeting.
A QUOTE TO LIVE BY
From Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”
In Case You Missed It…
Feeling stressed or overwhelmed? BetterHelp offers affordable online therapy on your schedule.
Restore your inner radiance with NativePath collagen for stronger nails, shinier hair and healthy joints.
Say goodnight to restlessness and hello to effortless sleep with Mood’s bedtime gummies.
Masterworks lets you profit from the booming art market with shares in multimillion-dollar paintings.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
🎃 If you’re planning on carving pumpkins, get some inspo here.
👯 We love a good group costume — check out these ideas for your crew.
🔖 Catch up on all Weekender newsletters here.
🚨 Job Openings
- Workday is hiring for a Sr. Executive Assistant (USA, CA, Home Office).
- Northeast Center for Youth & Families, Inc. is hiring for an Administrative Assistant (Easthampton, MA).
- Microsoft is hiring for a Group Manager Event Operations (Remote).
- Snap Inc. is hiring for a Senior Manager, Corporate Communications & Public Affairs (NY, NY).
PETS OF THE WEEK
Hi Everyone, I’d like to introduce you to Cowboy. He’s an AKC certified purebred Red English Labrador. 11 years old. 120 lbs. Well-read. Travelled some. Always ready to party 🤠
ғɪʀsᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Mail
ᴍɪᴅᴅʟᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Order
ʟᴀsᴛ ɴᴀᴍᴇ: Cowboy
Cowboy loves to swim in the ocean, dip his head in the snow, use his stuffed animals as pillows, open all the doors in the house, and wink 😉