Brainteaser of the day: You have two coins: one is fair (50% chance of heads, 50% chance of tails), and the other is double-headed (100% chance of heads). You randomly pick one coin and flip it. It comes up heads. What is the probability that you picked the fair coin?
Click here to see the answer.
👨🌾 To Seasonal Gardening
Just because the weather is cooling down, doesn’t mean you have to put away your green thumb. Discover fall vegetables you can grow in your garden >
✈️ To Cheaper Flights
If you’re considering traveling for the holidays this year, start booking those flights before they skyrocket. So far, Skyscanner seems to be finding the cheapest airfare >
💼 To Not Choosing One Over The Other
Yes, you can have it all — a thriving business and kids. Get tips from 15 moms doing it all >
🍹 To A Fall Mocktail
Recovering from Labor Day weekend? Find fall mocktail inspo here >
🏠To Your First Home
Only you can know if you’re ready to buy a house. But here are some questions that can help gauge your readiness >
TOGETHER WITH NATIVEPATH
Turn Back the Clock on Aging
💁🏻♀️ Want your vibrant skin, strong joints & nails, and shiny hair back?
- Embrace a Better You: Each scoop delivers 10g of collagen for comprehensive support for your bones, joints, hair, skin, and nails.
- Ageless Transformation: A study on women aged 35 to 55 revealed that hydrolyzed collagen, when used for four and eight weeks, heightened skin elasticity and moisture.
- Easy to Use: Their collagen powder mixes seamlessly into your favorite beverages without altering the taste or aroma.
Embrace Seasonal Living
Perfectionism and capitalism have taught us that when we wake up in the morning, we should feel exactly the same every day.
In fact, the expectation is to produce a little bit more each and every single day. Forever. Until the day we die. When it’s laid out like that, it’s so much easier to see the ridiculousness of that sentiment.
Instead of being a machine that always feels the same and continues to produce more each day, we are human’s being. We are of nature, which means we live cyclically, just like Mother Nature does.
Here’s how you can tune into cyclical living:
- 🌳 Turn to nature: When we forget we’re nature and not a machine, there’s a simple solution. And it’s right outside your window. Tune into nature. My favorite ritual is to regularly visit my favorite tree. I watch how the tree changes and grows over the seasons. In winter, it’s bare, but during the early summer it flourishes.
- 🔁 Accept that we are cyclical: During the winter, the soil rests and replenishes. If it didn’t, it wouldn’t be able to grow a crop the next spring. Just as the earth rests, so must we. Our rest is equally important as our production.
- 😌 Do something kind, gentle, and cozy for yourself: One of my favorite ways to support myself is to ask this question: how can I make this 10% easier? When we need rest, but can’t necessarily take the day off, we can support ourselves by finding ways to make the task easier, gentler, or more cozy.
- 🍳 Is it a microwave or stovetop kind of day: My favorite snack is popcorn. The best popcorn is made on the stovetop. But sometimes, you need a snack and don’t have the time to pop it on the stove, melt the butter, and do the dishes. Those days are microwave popcorn days. Both end in popcorn. How we get there isn’t always as important as the end result.
- 🐶 Talk to yourself like you would your pet: We celebrate our pets for everything. Being cute, rolling over, sleeping in the middle of the day, finishing their food, having a round, adorable belly. Why can’t we also talk to ourselves that way? We can.
TOGETHER WITH THE DAILY UPSIDE
Why 1,054,624 people are addicted to this business newsletter
We’ve all seen the headlines.
Home interest rates are continuing to rise and >$7.3 trillion of blue chip equity value has been vaporized out of thin air.
Sifting through the never-ending parade of clickbait about ‘record inflation’ or ‘inverted yield curves’ could be a full-time job.
Luckily, we have The Daily Upside — it’s a brand new newsletter started by a team of wall street insiders, bankers, and scholars that gives you access to insights with absolutely zero BS.
The best part? It’s absolutely free!
A QUOTE TO LIVE BY
From James Cameron
“Curiosity is he most powerful thing you own. Imagination is a force that can actually manifest a reality.”
In Case You Missed It…
Get your team giggling with this free 2 truths 1 lie icebreaker.
Make your team meetings unforgettable with this free meeting template.
With smartsheet, you can plan, track, and get stuff done with your team effortlessly. It’s a game-changer!
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
🧥 Check out some cute curated fall wardrobe pieces.
✨ Looking for a quick and fun read? Get your fall horoscope here.
🔖 Catch up on all Weekender newsletters here.
🚨 Job Openings
- Contra is hiring for a Freelance Social Media Manager (Remote).
- Salesforce is hiring for a Recruiting Coordinator (Multiple Locations).
- Salesforce is hiring an Associate Events Manager (Multiple Locations).
- Salesforce is hiring a Director of Operations, Salesforce Data Cloud (Flexible/San Francisco, CA).
- Cisco is hiring for a Travel Flight Coordinator (San Jose, CA/Offsite).
PETS OF THE WEEK
This is Daisy, an 18 year old deaf cat.
She was a stray that had been dumped outside a vet’s office and one of her now parents’ other cats brought her home 16 years ago!
She’s not a cuddler, however, she loves to burrow in soft blankets. She is also very vocal about her feeding times — you are expected to respond promptly when she yowls at you otherwise she gives you the death stare.
She lives in her family’s youngest daughter’s bedroom and tolerates being picked up by her. She does not like to interact with visitors unless they give her food (such as cheese, which she adores).
She likes to think the world or at least the house revolves around her!