Brainteaser of the day: Arnold Schwarzenegger has a long one. Michael J. Fox has a short one. Madonna does not use hers. Bill Clinton always uses his. The Pope never uses his. What is it?
Click here to see the answer.
📝 To This Handy Lay Off Checklist
We know some of our amazing subscribers are experiencing layoffs (we’re here for you!). Check out this checklist if you’ve been affected.
🍉 To Summer Gardens
Fresh veggies are the best! Learn what vegetables are best to plant for the summer >
🛍 To Shopping Recovery
Treating yourself to shopping is good, every once in a while. If you shop TOO much, here’s some advice >
🏋️♀️ To a Killer Ab Workout
Can’t make it to the gym? Check out this ab workout you can do from anywhere >
🍝 To a Delicious Dinner
Burritos and Spaghetti Squash?! My 2 favorite things! Check out this recipe >
TOGETHER WITH OFFICE OTTER
The Dream To-Do List
With Office Otter, you can automatically convert your daily requests and convos throughout the work day into individual tasks on your to-do list.
Here are 5 steps to use it effectively:
- After creating your free account, make sure you enable the integrations (Chrome, text, email, Slack).
- When you create a task make sure you add an urgency tag (now, soon, later, not sure) to help with prioritizing.⭐ Tip: Create an event out of the task to timeblock your calendar.
- Check reporting at the end of the week to see how you’re stacking up against your goals.
- Review your leftover tasks and revise them for the next day.⭐ Tip: Since Office Otter tracks your completed tasks and effectiveness, you can leverage the reports in your next performance review.
- Celebrate your wins by viewing your completed tasks.
Try it for free
The bad vibes economy
TOGETHER WITH BONUSLY
The Ultimate Retention Checklist for Managers
More than half of employees who have left a job say their manager could have done something to keep them around for longer 😬.
Get the free handy checklist for managers to retain top talent on their teams — you’ll get:
- ✅ An interactive PDF that yes, lets you literally check off boxes!
- 💡 Actionable tips to improve retention that can be put in action immediately.
- 🔄 Different areas of the employee lifecycle to focus on.
- ⚒️ New tools and resources to consider when working with your teams.
Yes, give me the free checklist
A QUOTE TO LIVE BY
From Margaret Mead
“Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.”
Show to binge 📺 :
Better Call Saul (Netflix)
Song to bump 🎵:
The One by M.I.A.
Show to binge 📺 :
Stranger Things Season 4 (Netflix)
Song to bump 🎵:
I Like You by Post Malone ft. Doja Cat
Fun on Weekdays
In Case You Missed It…
Offsite just put out The People Leader’s Guide To Planning The Perfect Team Retreat. Get your own free copy.
Weve offers over 100 games you can play with your team to build stronger workplace culture.
Factor’s currently offering $120 off their no-prep, no-stress meals—delivered right to your door.
The Daily Upside helps you rethink your financial news diet and gives you crisp, unbiased business insights each morning for free.
NEW & NOTEWORTHY
- Personal Assistant to the CEO (HealthTech Startup – Atlanta, GA)
- Marketing Operations Associate (Office Otter – Remote USA)
- Learn about the Employee Retention Credit and if your business qualifies.
- Check out this step-by-step on how to launch an employee engagement action plan.
- Find some good icebreakers for large groups.
👉 We’ve launched our Private Facebook Group! Join today.
PETS OF THE WEEK
We’re huge pet lovers at The Assist and want to feature a pet each week — send us a photo of your fur baby to be featured!
💌 Reply to this email with your pet’s name, photo and a fun fact about your pet.